Thursday, August 13, 2009

crossing the mojave desert


only few cars pass when one drives through mojave desert at night. this actually is just one car.

when I started at 3.30 am to head towards LA it was still 100F/ 37 C ! wide open windows, clear sky , half moon, loud music , almost no cars and the mojave desert in front of me ..... wonderful. trusted the B. to bring me there. and the B.sure did ! when I passed by in Los Bernadinos the B. did spit out another belt .. so I had to replace that, otherwise the engine is overheating. had a spare one with me of course and after 45 minutes we were on the road again. the B brought me that far without any mayor problems and I know there wont be any in the future. nevertheless the B seems like to have a cold. carburetor is clogged. So I will have this replaced this week. Nice treat ... very well deserved.