Sunday, November 1, 2009

life is beautiful..


.. starting in Bakersfield in the early morning to get to Las Vegas the B and I made it about 30 miles, than a terrible noise interrupted our wonderful cruise. I pulled over and realized that the journey is over for now. nobody in sight I waited a bit and then found a guy who was on the phone in his truck. Asked him for a tow company and he chatted with his friend on phone to find out what is best for the B. he sent me to Wayland in Baklersfield. Turns out that this was the best ever happened to the B ! This wonderful insane mechanic who races dragsters with 1300 HP loved the B and took a closer look. Not only did we change the starter, he also found all the little things that bothered the B. for a longer time. Since he couldn't get a pulley part for one of the belts he search in his yard and found some old shitty looking thing, sand blasted and painted it and it was like new. and matched perfectly. some fix ups here and there and the B never sounded that cool and smooth and calm. we spend the whole day there and Wayland explained everything I wanted to know about mechanics of the B. to me. just so cool. Thanks so much !!! I am sure one day I will be back here!

Wayland explaining the B mechanics to me .


quick sand blast action to create a new part ....


Front view of Wayland's 1300HP monster drag race car